Sociedad Ibérica de Construcciones Eléctricas, S.A. (SICE) is a multinational technology integration company operating in the fields of traffic and transport, the environment and energy, telecommunications and all types of industrial processes.
SICE's activity mainly focuses on providing added value services through the integration of a range of in-house and third party technologies and systems, always with the aim of offering the best solution tailored to each customer, and of providing:
SICE Australia is looking for a PMCS Lead in NSW. The PMCS Lead will be responsible for leading and producing all design, coding, module testing, system integration, testing and commissioning activities of the PLC-based Plant Management Control Systems (PMCS) for the tunnel.
Description of Responsibilities:
· Lead the design, configuration, integration, testing and commissioning of the PMCS of the project
· Lead the PMCS Team: Define and plan the activities of the PMCS Team, lead the PMCS Team on the right track to guarantee the PMCS system is delivered to an appropriate level of quality for the stage and within time and budget.
· Technical requirements review and analysis
· Review of the PMCS design documentation and drawings, ensuring all work is completed to a high standard and on schedule
· Coordinating with the PMCS Coordinator in producing and reviewing procedures and standards
· Leading periodic team meetings for progress review
· Imparting procedure, safety and quality workshops
· Review and respond to the comments received from the client and stakeholders, proposing a solution based on the feedback and expertise of PMCS team involved in the project.
· Optimisation of code to make efficient use of the Hardware resources
· Standardisation of code to maximize re-use
· Reviewing, updating and monitoring compliance with the Software Management Plan and Internal SW development procedures.
· Be part of the software safety plan process related to PLC software and hardware development.
· Preparation of reports as requested by the PMCS Manager and/or Project Managers
Required Qualifications and Experience:
· Relevant qualifications in engineering or equivalent experience
· Over 10 years of experience in the industry
· At least 5 years of experience in functional design, development, integration and delivery of PMCS technology within ITS/tunnel projects
· Demonstrated experience managing and leading engineering teams
· Previous experience on elaboration and review of testing documentation taking part in Factory Acceptance Tests, Site Acceptance Tests and site commissioning activities.
Essential Competencies (knowledge, skills and attributes):
· Functional control design and technical documentation management
· Extensive knowledge of PLC, SCADA & HMI technology – Rockwell – Allen Bradley / Schneider – Citect & Modicon, Siemens S7, etc.
· Extensive experience with Rockwell PLCs and RIOs: PLC Logix55xx, RIO FLEX I/O, CompactLogix PLCs, Studio 5000, etc
· Extensive knowledge of Industrial HLIs: Modbus, Ethernet IP, BackNet, DeviceNet, etc
· Extensive experience with PLC Programming skills (e.g. Ladder, STL, Function Blocks)
· Strong experience in knowledge and understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies, test processes and strategies as minimum: AS/NZS 12207 Systems and software engineering – Software life cycle processes
o AS/NZS ISO/IEC 15288:2013 Systems and software engineering - System life cycle processes
o AS 61508 Functional safety of electrical/electronic/programmable electronic safety-related systems; and
o AS 4071 Software project management plans.
· Office Tools: Word, Excel, Visio, etc.
· Ability to work under pressure in order to achieve key project milestones
· Ability to communicate information clearly and at the right technical level for the audience in either written or verbal form
· Strong leadership skills
· Problem solving and analytical skills
Excellent time management and organisation skills