SICE Canada is looking for a Systems Engineer to join the Finch Group in Toronto.
- Designing, building, and operating in-production highly available clustered virtualization environments (VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Proxmox VE)
- Windows Server design and administration skills (Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, Certificate Services, etc.)
- Scripting/programming language (Bash, Python, PHP)
- Usual DB processes such as backup and recovery, migrations and upgrades, replication, clustering and high availability, security and auditing for typical platforms such as MSSQL, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Servers hardware solutions: servers, network and storage systems. Experience in designing, budgeting, and deploying physical infrastructure with Dell HP or Supermicro equipment.
- Planning and configuring security controls and policies (APTA, NIST or CIS Benchmarks)
- Administration and integration of security and monitoring systems such as McAfee, Rapid7, QRadar, FortiSIEM, McAfee EPO, Forticlient EMS
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science or an engineering, mathematics, or another quantitative field with more than 5 years of IT work experience.
- Feel comfortable working in a self-steering environment where you are expected to make your own decisions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English