About the company
SICE is an international systems integration company operating, among others, in the tunnel projects. SICE’s value added to any tunnel project consists of end to end engineering services: design, supply, installation, testing, commissioning and O&M support. SICE’s main goal is to find the best fit-for-purpose solution to our clients, integrating a range of in-house and third party technologies and systems.
Currently, we are seeking an experienced PLC Automation Engineer to join our project team in Sydney. Reporting to the Project and Hardware Managers, the role involves taking responsibility for final design, coding, module testing, system integration, testing and commissioning activities of the PLC Network architecture for the motorway and tunnel project for Wextconnex M4E and M5N. This will include:
- Technical and commercial requirements review and analysis;
- Interfacing with cross disciplines and external information and documents;
- Review of the scope of the design work according to the contract;
- Final Development of the PLC network architecture design package, including:
- Network with capacity for controlling and monitoring ventilation, fire detection and suppression, emergency equipment, air quality control, power distribution, drainage, lighting, egress signage, and door monitoring;
- Redundant PLC pairs to provide high availability PLC network topology;
- Ring type network topology for the remote I/O modules integration;
- Standalone SCADA stations, which are independent of the main OMCS;
- Local HMIs for operating HV gear at the substations;
- Industrial Ethernet Protocol as the main communications protocol and ability to communicate with any equipment using a standard open protocol common to the industry.
- Integration of the PLC network to the OMCS (SCADA).
- Taking a leading role in the PLC design, development, implementation and commissioning of high quality solutions that meet or exceed our customer’s requirements;
- Liaising with client and third party vendors on aspects of the design and construction;
- Review of vendors’ specifications, technical information, data sheets, quotes, etc.;
- System implementation, configuration, testing and commissioning;
- Ensuring all work is completed to a high standard and on schedule;
- Develop specific design items or subsystems as required by the Design Manager; and
- Elaboration of drawings as required by the Design Manager;
- All Testing stages and final commissioning.