Remote Control of the "La Pedrera" Drinking Water Treatment Plant (Alicante / Jacarilla)
The main objective of this project is to automate most of the processes and define new implementations and the necessary reforms in the La Pedrera Drinking Water Treatment Plant (Jacarilla - Alicante), to perform the remote control of these facilities from the headquarters of the "Mancomunidad de los Canales del Taibilla" in Cartagena.
To do this, the following actions were performed:
- Performances on “La Pedrera” Drinking Water Treatment Plant:
- Disassembly, relocation and installation of new analytical instrumentation
- Review and adaptation of centrifugal fans in decanters
- Replacing or float switches and dosing pumps of aluminum sulphate, sulfuric acid and sodium silicate and installing flowmeters for dilution thereof.
- Cleaning and conditioning of tanks and installation of density / concentration meters .
- Installation of TAC measuring .
- Installation of level alarms and meters
- Installation of industrial scale to know chlorine gas reserves continuously.
- Reform and expansion of PLCs and touch screens
- Create a new SCADA (licensed TOPKAPI) for visualization and control of process variables of ETAP.
- Installation of a network of IP public address on the FO network .
- Electrical works (pipes, upgrading and expansion of cabinets, replacing electronics, etc ...)
- Civil engineering works (installation of site huts, adequacy of files and control rooms, construction of new water pipes, etc ...)
- Pedrera pump station
- Update of the synoptic control desk and change the existing Control Equipment.
- Reprogramming PLC, touch screen and SCADA software for remote operation of the station.
- Installation of video surveillance cameras inside and outside.
- Installing a microwave transmitter to ensure communications with centralized control.